I am a resident or medical student

The RPAP|Health Workforce for Alberta works closely with medical students and residents enrolled in the University Of Calgary Faculty Of Medicine located in Calgary, Alberta and the University Of Alberta Faculty Of Medicine and Dentistry located in Edmonton, Alberta.

To work in Alberta, you must obtain licensure from the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta.

Medical Students

If you are enrolled or affiliated with the above universities, you may be eligible for:

  • Shadowing opportunities
  • Medical Skills Weekends
  • Rural Medical Interest Groups (RMIGS)
  • Financial Support
  • Awards and Bursaries

Visit RPAP for more information for medical students.

Resident Physicians

To help with career planning, residents may want to consider what opportunities (hyperlink back to jobs) are currently available as well as opportunities for electives, residency, and employment upon graduation.

There are also opportunities to experience rural rotations through rural and regional communities.

The Alberta Rural Family Medicine Network, a division of the RPAP|Health Workforce for Alberta , provides residents with an opportunity to train the environment they will eventually practice.