SpecialtyGeneral / Family Practitioner
StatusOpen for Applications
CommunityWabasca(North Zone)Read more about this community
Closing DateDecember 31, 2019
Posted DateOctober 04, 2019
Clinic TypeGroup Practice
Number of Physiciansvarious
Hospital NameWabasca/Desmarais Community Health ServicesRead more about this hospital
The successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or by opening their own practice. This is the candidate's independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitment process.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
• Reside in and have as his/her primary residence in the community of Wabasca.
• Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community.
• Provide call support as per call schedules, including full time participation in the Emergency Department and other call schedules as required.
• Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities.
• Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
Must have experience in a rural community setting within the past 1-2 years.
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) – required
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) – desired
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) – desired
Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) – desired
CCFP – desired
CCFP-EM – desired
Managing Obstetrical Risk Efficiently (MOREOB) – desired
Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM) – desired
Low Risk Obstetrics – desired
Emergency Room Experience – required
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require or have completed the CPSA Preliminary Clinical Assessment.
Note: All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid license with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta. For more information on obtaining this license and the eligibility requirements, please visit College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta www.cpsa.ab.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) (required)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desired)
- MOREOB (desired)
- Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM) (desired)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (desired)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) (desired)
- Certification in The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP) (desired)
- Certificate of Special Competence in Emergency Medicine (CCFP-EM) (desired)
- Low Risk Obstetrics (Desired)
- Emergency Room Experience (Required)
A Flat Fee is paid to physicians who practice & reside in this community of $36578.70 per year provided his/her annual income for insured services is greater than $50,000. (Residency conditions apply, including living in the eligible community for nine of the previous twelve months ending on the payment date.) The Variable Fee Premium paid is an additional 34.00% for insured services provided in this community.
Rural, Remote, Northern Program (RRNP) - Please note, payments through the RRNP are capped at $60,000 per physician per year.
Medical Liability Reimbursement - reimburses physicians for their medical liability protection costs less a $1,000 deductible.
Continuing Medical Education - reimburses physicians for eligible continuing medical education costs. Each eligible physician receives a $2,656 annual allotment which can be carried forward for up to three years.
Parental Leave Program - provides $1,063 per week for up to 17 weeks to physician parents of a newborn or newly adopted child.
Business Cost Program - addresses escalating practice costs in community based practices. This fee modifier is added automatically to select office visits and consultations. This program applies across the province and all physicians who provide visit services in an office based setting will receive an additional $2.75 with the exception of Calgary and Airdrie where the fee modifier is $3.25 on select office visits and consultations.
INTERESTED IN THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY?
APL is a free service, connecting you with practitioner jobs in Alberta, Canada.
After you have registered you will be able to submit your interest in this practice opportunity.
A letter of Eligibility or Application Approved from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or Alberta Medical License or Professional License is required for application.