SpecialtyGeneral / Family Practitioner
StatusOpen for Applications
CommunitySmoky Lake(North Zone)Read more about this community
Closing DateDecember 31, 2018
Posted DateMay 04, 2018
Hospital NameGeorge McDougall - Smoky Lake Healthcare CentreRead more about this hospital
Provide medical care in primary care, emergency department coverage, acute care and extended care services.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Reside in and have as his/her primary residence, Smoky Lake.
• Establish and maintain a full time community based practice within the community
• Provision of extended hours (including evenings & weekends) of comprehensive care within the base community
• Provide hospital and call support as per call schedules, including full time participation in the Emergency Department and other call
schedules as required
• Contribute to and participate in teaching programs and activities
• Contribute to and participate in other administrative responsibilities as assigned.The successful candidate is recruited for the
community of Smoky Lake. Once chosen, the successful candidate may choose to operate their business by joining an existing practice or
opening their own practice. This is the candidate''s independent business decision and will not be managed through the recruitment
Qualifications & Experience
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
• Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
• Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desired)
• Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (desired)
• CCFP (desired)
• CCFP-EM (desired)
• Geriatrics (desired)
Candidate must have independent Emergency Room & Acute Care Hospital Experience in a rural setting within the past 1-2 years.
Preference will be given to applicants who do not require or have completed the CPSA Preliminary Clinical Assessment.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) (required)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (required)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (desired)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) (required)
- Certification in The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP) (desired)
- Certificate of Special Competence in Emergency Medicine (CCFP-EM) (desired)
- Geriatrics (Desired)
- Emergency Room Experience (Required)
A Flat Fee is paid to physicians who practice & reside in this community of $12812.33 per year provided his/her annual income for insured services is greater than $50,000. (Residency conditions apply, including living in the eligible community for nine of the previous twelve months ending on the payment date.) The Variable Fee Premium paid is an additional 11.90% for insured services provided in this community.
Rural, Remote, Northern Program (RRNP) - Please note, payments through the RRNP are capped at $60,000 per physician per year.
Retention Benefit - supports and promotes the retention of physicians in Alberta by rewarding their continuous years of service to Albertans. Physicians receive between $5,141 and $12,852 depending on their years of service to Albertans.
Medical Liability Reimbursement - reimburses physicians for their medical liability protection costs less a $1,000 deductible.
Continuing Medical Education - reimburses physicians for eligible continuing medical education costs. Each eligible physician receives a $2,656 annual allotment which can be carried forward for up to three years.
Parental Leave Program - provides $1,063 per week for up to 17 weeks to physician parents of a newborn or newly adopted child.
Business Cost Program - addresses escalating practice costs in community based practices. This fee modifier is added automatically to select office visits and consultations. This program applies across the province and all physicians who provide visit services in an office based setting will receive an additional $2.75 with the exception of Calgary and Airdrie where the fee modifier is $3.25 on select office visits and consultations.
INTERESTED IN THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY?
APL is a free service, connecting you with practitioner jobs in Alberta, Canada.
After you have registered you will be able to submit your interest in this practice opportunity.
A letter of Eligibility or Application Approved from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or Alberta Medical License or Professional License is required for application.