SpecialtyGeneral / Family Practitioner
StatusOpen for Applications
CommunityEdmonton(Edmonton Zone)Read more about this community
Closing DateSeptember 30, 2018
Posted DateNovember 15, 2016
Start DateAugust 01, 2017
ClinicHampton Medical Clinic
Clinic TypeGroup PracticeThis clinic is supported by a PCN.
Number of Physicians4 Full Time Physicians
Clinic HoursM-F 9 -5, Saturday 10-3
1) Physician income is Fee-For-Service, with average annual income of $350,000+ for full time physicians.
2) Revenue is split 70% /30%, physician/clinic to cover capital costs and operating expenses.
3) Average patient intake per hour ranges from 4-10 depending on individual physician work style and patient acuity.
4) The on-call is shared by each of the clinics’ 4-5 physicians, and is not onerous with no obstetrics or night calls.
5) Patient records are electronic. (HealthQuest-MicroQuest)
6) The patient mix is currently 60% appointment and 40% walk-in patients.
7) The patient population is a cross-section ranging from middle to high income families, living in detached homes, apartments, and condominiums in the local area.
8) The clinic currently accommodates various medical students as part of their curriculum.
9) The clinic is a proud member of the west side Primary Care Network which offers help with chronic disease management with on site R.Ns, Dieticians, Mental Health workers, Pharmacists and Social service worker.
10) Physicians have the professional option to obtain privileges at a local hospital to perform after clinic care.
We have Associates and Locum availabilities.
Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) (desired)
- Certification in The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP) (desired)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (desired)
A Flat Fee is paid to physicians who practice & reside this community of $0 per year provided his/her annual income for insured services is greater than $50,000. (Residency conditions apply, including living in the eligible community for nine of the previous twelve months ending on the payment date.) The Variable Fee Premium paid is an additional 0% for insured services provided in this community.
Rural, Remote, Northern Program (RRNP) - Please note, payments through the RRNP are capped at $60,000 per physician per year.
Retention Benefit - supports and promotes the retention of physicians in Alberta by rewarding their continuous years of service to Albertans. Physicians receive between $5,141 and $12,852 depending on their years of service to Albertans.
Medical Liability Reimbursement - reimburses physicians for their medical liability protection costs less a $1,000 deductible.
Continuing Medical Education - reimburses physicians for eligible continuing medical education costs. Each eligible physician receives a $2,656 annual allotment which can be carried forward for up to three years.
Parental Leave Program - provides $1,063 per week for up to 17 weeks to physician parents of a newborn or newly adopted child.
Business Cost Program - addresses escalating practice costs in community based practices. This fee modifier is added automatically to select office visits and consultations. This program applies across the province and all physicians who provide visit services in an office based setting will receive an additional $2.75 with the exception of Calgary and Airdrie where the fee modifier is $3.25 on select office visits and consultations.
INTERESTED IN THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY?
APL is a free service, connecting you with practitioner jobs in Alberta, Canada.
After you have registered you will be able to submit your interest in this practice opportunity.
A letter of Eligibility or Application Approved from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or Alberta Medical License or Professional License is required for application.