SpecialtyGeneral / Family Practitioner
StatusOpen for Applications
CommunityThree Hills(Central Zone)Read more about this community
Closing DateAugust 31, 2018
Posted DateAugust 01, 2017
End DateAugust 31, 2018
ClinicKneehill Medical Clinic
Clinic TypeGroup PracticeThis clinic is supported by a PCN.
Number of Physicians7 Physicians
Clinic Hours9:00am - 4:30pm
All physicians who wish to practice in Alberta must hold a valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
Qualifications & Experience
· Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support course completed or renewed within the previous two years is required
· Pediatric Advanced Life Support course completed or renewed within the previous two years is strongly recommended
· Advanced Trauma Life Support course [or similar] completed or renewed within the previous two years is strongly recommended
· Canadian College of Family Physicians certification is a strong asset
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) (required)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desired)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) (desired)
- Certification in The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP) (desired)
A Flat Fee is paid to physicians who practice & reside in this community of $13350.26 per year provided his/her annual income for insured services is greater than $50,000. (Residency conditions apply, including living in the eligible community for nine of the previous twelve months ending on the payment date.) The Variable Fee Premium paid is an additional 12.40% for insured services provided in this community.
Rural, Remote, Northern Program (RRNP) - Please note, payments through the RRNP are capped at $60,000 per physician per year.
Medical Liability Reimbursement - reimburses physicians for their medical liability protection costs less a $1,000 deductible.
Continuing Medical Education - reimburses physicians for eligible continuing medical education costs. Each eligible physician receives a $2,656 annual allotment which can be carried forward for up to three years.
Parental Leave Program - provides $1,063 per week for up to 17 weeks to physician parents of a newborn or newly adopted child.
Business Cost Program - addresses escalating practice costs in community based practices. This fee modifier is added automatically to select office visits and consultations. This program applies across the province and all physicians who provide visit services in an office based setting will receive an additional $2.75 with the exception of Calgary and Airdrie where the fee modifier is $3.25 on select office visits and consultations.
INTERESTED IN THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY?
APL is a free service, connecting you with practitioner jobs in Alberta, Canada.
After you have registered you will be able to submit your interest in this practice opportunity.
A letter of Eligibility or Application Approved from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or Alberta Medical License or Professional License is required for application.