SpecialtyGeneral Practitioner - Obstetrics
StatusOpen for Applications
CommunityRocky Mountain House(Central Zone)Read more about this community
Closing DateAugust 30, 2017
Posted DateMay 30, 2017
Hospital NameRocky Mountain House Health CentreRead more about this hospital
Running an office based family medicine clinic and being responsible for after hours inpatient care.
This position requires a scope of practice that includes inpatient, outpatient, acute, long term care, Advanced Obstetrics and Emergency Room shifts and on-call. Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed. A successful candidate will be responsible for after hours inpatient care.
Qualifications & Experience
Required Additional Desired Competencies
• Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the Most Responsible Physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients.
• Previous inpatient experience and up-to-date ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) within the previous 24 months is essential
• Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs.
• Emergency on-call experience that covers trauma, medical, surgical and pediatric emergencies within the previous 12 months
• Recent Obstetric experience (within last 24 months) in pre-natal, postnatal, neonatal care as well as performing high risk obstetrics.
• Experience in obstetrical and neonatal emergencies and resuscitation.
• MOREOB or Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM) certification.
• ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) certification.
• Experience within the past 24 months running an office based family medicine clinic and being responsible for after hours inpatient care.
• Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) certification.
• Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) certification.
• Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) (desired)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desired)
- MOREOB (desired)
- Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM) (desired)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (desired)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) (desired)
A Flat Fee is paid to physicians who practice & reside in this community of $16284.37 per year provided his/her annual income for insured services is greater than $50,000. (Residency conditions apply, including living in the eligible community for nine of the previous twelve months ending on the payment date.) The Variable Fee Premium paid is an additional 15.12% for insured services provided in this community.
Rural, Remote, Northern Program (RRNP) - Please note, payments through the RRNP are capped at $60,000 per physician per year.
Retention Benefit - supports and promotes the retention of physicians in Alberta by rewarding their continuous years of service to Albertans. Physicians receive between $5,141 and $12,852 depending on their years of service to Albertans.
Medical Liability Reimbursement - reimburses physicians for their medical liability protection costs less a $1,000 deductible.
Continuing Medical Education - reimburses physicians for eligible continuing medical education costs. Each eligible physician receives a $2,656 annual allotment which can be carried forward for up to three years.
Parental Leave Program - provides $1,063 per week for up to 17 weeks to physician parents of a newborn or newly adopted child.
Business Cost Program - addresses escalating practice costs in community based practices. This fee modifier is added automatically to select office visits and consultations. This program applies across the province and all physicians who provide visit services in an office based setting will receive an additional $2.75 with the exception of Calgary and Airdrie where the fee modifier is $3.25 on select office visits and consultations.
INTERESTED IN THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY?
APL is a free service, connecting you with practitioner jobs in Alberta, Canada.
After you have registered you will be able to submit your interest in this practice opportunity.
A letter of Eligibility or Application Approved from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or Alberta Medical License or Professional License is required for application.