SpecialtyGeneral Practitioner - Obstetrics
StatusOpen for Applications
CommunityRimbey(Central Zone)Read more about this community
Closing DateDecember 31, 2017
Posted DateSeptember 26, 2017
Hospital NameRimbey Hospital and Care CentreRead more about this hospital
Qualifications & Experience
Required certifications, skills and experience:
• Recent experience (12 months of Family Medicine practice following postgraduate training in the last 24 months) in independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients. A successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience with both inpatients and private clinical practice.
• Emergency Medicine experience including trauma, medical, surgical and pediatric emergencies within the last 12 months is required. A successful candidate will have to have the experience, training and competency to be the sole physician in a rural Emergency Room.
Recommended certifications, skills and experience:
• Additional training in Family Medicine/General Practice
• Emergency on-call experience that covers trauma, medical, surgical and pediatric emergencies within the last 12 months is strongly recommended
• Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) course completed or renewed within the previous two years
• Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course completed or renewed within the previous two years
• Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) course completed or renewed within the previous two years
• Canadian College of Family Physicians (CCFP) certification is a strong asset
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) (desired)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (desired)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) (desired)
- Certification in The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP) (desired)
- Low Risk Obstetrics (Required)
- Emergency Room Experience (Required)
A Flat Fee is paid to physicians who practice & reside in this community of $9535.89 per year provided his/her annual income for insured services is greater than $50,000. (Residency conditions apply, including living in the eligible community for nine of the previous twelve months ending on the payment date.) The Variable Fee Premium paid is an additional 8.86% for insured services provided in this community.
Rural, Remote, Northern Program (RRNP) - Please note, payments through the RRNP are capped at $60,000 per physician per year.
Retention Benefit - supports and promotes the retention of physicians in Alberta by rewarding their continuous years of service to Albertans. Physicians receive between $5,141 and $12,852 depending on their years of service to Albertans.
Medical Liability Reimbursement - reimburses physicians for their medical liability protection costs less a $1,000 deductible.
Continuing Medical Education - reimburses physicians for eligible continuing medical education costs. Each eligible physician receives a $2,656 annual allotment which can be carried forward for up to three years.
Parental Leave Program - provides $1,063 per week for up to 17 weeks to physician parents of a newborn or newly adopted child.
Business Cost Program - addresses escalating practice costs in community based practices. This fee modifier is added automatically to select office visits and consultations. This program applies across the province and all physicians who provide visit services in an office based setting will receive an additional $2.75 with the exception of Calgary and Airdrie where the fee modifier is $3.25 on select office visits and consultations.
INTERESTED IN THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY?
APL is a free service, connecting you with practitioner jobs in Alberta, Canada.
After you have registered you will be able to submit your interest in this practice opportunity.
A letter of Eligibility or Application Approved from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or Alberta Medical License or Professional License is required for application.