SpecialtyGeneral / Family Practitioner
CommunityLacombe(Central Zone)Read more about this community
Closing DateOctober 18, 2019
Posted DateOctober 17, 2019
Hospital NameLacombe Hospital and Care CentreRead more about this hospital
Running an office based family medicine clinic and being responsible for after hours inpatient care.
This position requires a scope of practice that includes walk ins, inpatient, outpatient, acute, long term care, Extended Obstetrics/Anaesthesia on-call.Emergency work may be available. Candidates require recent and relevant experience in all scopes of practice to be performed. A successful candidate will be responsible for after hours inpatient care
Qualifications & Experience
• A successful candidate will hold valid and relevant license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
• Recent experience (within the last 12 months) of independent Family Medicine practice where the physician has been the most responsible physician for a wide range of Family Medicine patients
• Applicant must also be able to provide proof of participation in relevant Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs
• Emergency on-call experience (within last 24 months) in pre-natal, postnatal, neonatal care as well as high risk obstetrics or Experince and Training in Anaesthetics
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) (desired)
- Advances in Labour and Risk Management (ALARM) (desired)
- Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) (desired)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) (desired)
- Low Risk Obstetrics (Required)
- High Risk Obstetrics (Required)
- Geriatrics (Desired)
- Emergency Room Experience (Required)
A Flat Fee is paid to physicians who practice & reside in this community of $4100.00 per year provided his/her annual income for insured services is greater than $50,000. (Residency conditions apply, including living in the eligible community for nine of the previous twelve months ending on the payment date.) The Variable Fee Premium paid is an additional 0.00% for insured services provided in this community.
Rural, Remote, Northern Program (RRNP) - Please note, payments through the RRNP are capped at $60,000 per physician per year.
Medical Liability Reimbursement - reimburses physicians for their medical liability protection costs less a $1,000 deductible.
Continuing Medical Education - reimburses physicians for eligible continuing medical education costs. Each eligible physician receives a $2,656 annual allotment which can be carried forward for up to three years.
Parental Leave Program - provides $1,063 per week for up to 17 weeks to physician parents of a newborn or newly adopted child.
Business Cost Program - addresses escalating practice costs in community based practices. This fee modifier is added automatically to select office visits and consultations. This program applies across the province and all physicians who provide visit services in an office based setting will receive an additional $2.75 with the exception of Calgary and Airdrie where the fee modifier is $3.25 on select office visits and consultations.
INTERESTED IN THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY?
APL is a free service, connecting you with practitioner jobs in Alberta, Canada.
After you have registered you will be able to submit your interest in this practice opportunity.
A letter of Eligibility or Application Approved from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or Alberta Medical License or Professional License is required for application.