StatusOpen for Applications
CommunityCalgary(Calgary Zone)Read more about this community
Closing DateNovember 21, 2018
Posted DateOctober 22, 2018
Start DateApril 01, 2019
Hospital NamePeter Lougheed CentreRead more about this hospital
full-time clinical Respirologist with expertise in the care of lung transplant patients.
Job duties include:
- 60% clinical service in all areas of outpatient lung transplant assessment and post-transplant care (except immediate post-op care) as well as inpatient care of transplant complications.
- 25% clinical service in all areas of general Respirology including ambulatory care, pulmonary function test interpretation, hospital inpatient and consultation (including weekend and weeknight call), bronchoscopy and other procedures.
- 5% of time will be spent in education in the Division of Respiratory Medicine and Department of Medicine (Fellowship and Resident Training) and the Cumming School of Medicine (Undergraduate Medical Education).
- 10% of time will be spent in clinical research.
- Be an integral part of the Respiratory Medicine team in Calgary, utilizing strong collaborative skills to support and contribute to the overall clinical, research and education mission of the Section.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 1 year specialized training (fellowship or equivalent) in lung transplant medicine
- Clinical post-training experience as an attending respirologist caring for lung transplant patients is a definite
- Eligibility for licensure in the province of Alberta
- Established reputable excellence in clinical care and teaching of medical students and residents
The candidate must be eligible for Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta
Must read, write and speak English
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (required)
A Flat Fee is paid to physicians who practice & reside this community of $0 per year provided his/her annual income for insured services is greater than $50,000. (Residency conditions apply, including living in the eligible community for nine of the previous twelve months ending on the payment date.) The Variable Fee Premium paid is an additional 0% for insured services provided in this community.
Rural, Remote, Northern Program (RRNP) - Please note, payments through the RRNP are capped at $60,000 per physician per year.
Medical Liability Reimbursement - reimburses physicians for their medical liability protection costs less a $1,000 deductible.
Continuing Medical Education - reimburses physicians for eligible continuing medical education costs. Each eligible physician receives a $2,656 annual allotment which can be carried forward for up to three years.
Parental Leave Program - provides $1,063 per week for up to 17 weeks to physician parents of a newborn or newly adopted child.
Business Cost Program - addresses escalating practice costs in community based practices. This fee modifier is added automatically to select office visits and consultations. This program applies across the province and all physicians who provide visit services in an office based setting will receive an additional $2.75 with the exception of Calgary and Airdrie where the fee modifier is $3.25 on select office visits and consultations.
INTERESTED IN THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY?
APL is a free service, connecting you with practitioner jobs in Alberta, Canada.
After you have registered you will be able to submit your interest in this practice opportunity.
A letter of Eligibility or Application Approved from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or Alberta Medical License or Professional License is required for application.