StatusOpen for Applications
CommunityGrande Prairie(North Zone)Read more about this community
Closing DateMay 31, 2017
Posted DateApril 24, 2017
Clinic TypeGroup or SoloThis clinic is supported by a PCN.
Hospital NameGrande Prairie 10134 97 AvenueRead more about this hospital
The Nurse Practitioner for the Chronic Pain Management Program provides clinical services to patients with chronic pain who are referred to the program. This position reports directly
to the Team Lead for the Chronic Pain Management Program.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform advanced, focused and/or comprehensive health assessments
• Order, interpret, and perform diagnostic tests
• Formulate differential diagnoses through the integration of patient information and evidence-informed practice
• Communicate assessment findings and/or diagnoses, including outcomes and prognoses with patients/families
• Develop and implement plans of care including performing invasive and non-invasive interventions, treatments, and procedures
• Prescribe and distribute pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and other therapies
• Document the provision of care for patients
• Maintain professional requirements and ongoing active participation in professional development
• Demonstrate accountability in practice
• Maintain current knowledge and skills in clinical practice
• Participate in quality management activities
• Offer training support for other team members and assist in their professional development
• Act as a resource to other practice members
• Successful completion of an approved NP program at a Master of Nursing level or equivalent
• Eligible for licensure with CARNA as a NP
• Group therapy/teaching skills
• Knowledge of appropriate use of modalities in the chronic pain population.
• Experience treating non-emergent health issues in a clinic setting
• Must possess and present a clear criminal record check
INTERESTED IN THIS JOB OPPORTUNITY?
APL is a free service, connecting you with practitioner jobs in Alberta, Canada.
After you have registered you will be able to submit your interest in this practice opportunity.
A letter of Eligibility or Application Approved from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) or Alberta Medical License or Professional License is required for application.